6.27.2010

Soooo....I'm back!

Oh, for all I know, nobody ever reads this anyway, so I'm announcing my presence to a metaphorical empty room.  W'ev.

So I've been all over the place of late.  School year finished about a month ago, and I completed my first straight-A semester EVER.  I'm quite pleased.  Particularly as one of the classes was Accounting, which is my kryptonite.  Anywho, with that done, I got back on the job-hunting wagon, almost got hired to cash control at Six Flags in Vallejo, except that I was referred to the job by my brother, who works security there, and they have a policy about not having family members in those two departments.  It makes sense, it's just frustrating, particularly as they hadn't managed to connect the dots and tell me so until after three weeks of various kinds of interviews, despite the fact that at every step I was asked "Who referred you?" and replied honestly, including the familial relationship and his department EVERY DAMN TIME. 

Turns out I dodged a bullet there, according to someone I know of who used to work that position.  It sucks.  Hugely.  And then not two weeks after that, my mom and I had gone to Lane Bryant (plus-size women's clothing store) to do some shopping with the freebie dollars she had accumulated before they expired.  As we usually do at LB, we had a stack of probably $500 worth of clothes between us at checkout.  So Eugenia, the saleslady who was checking us out, asked if I wanted to open my own LB account (Mom already has one) to take advantage of their first-purchase discount.  I told her I wasn't sure I'd qualify, since I'm unemployed.  She ran the approval anyway, it came through, and as we were checking out I joked with my mom that she'd have to help me pay the bill when it came due, what with the whole no-job thing...Eugenia handed me an application right then and there, I sat outside on a bench and filled it out and brought it right back, got a call back from the store manager less than 15 minutes later scheduling an interview for the next day!  I did well at that interview, did a second brief interview with the store manager a week later, and now I'm scheduled for an interview with the district manager to see if I'd be suitable for a management position!  Dude, seriously, I've never managed anything in my life, at work anyway.  But they just like me that much I guess, heh. 

So, interview Tuesday.  Wish me luck, internet!

I've also been accumulating and trying various bath/body/beauty products that I think I'm going to start reviewing here.  Why not?  Someone might stumble across them on Google or something.  Haus of Gloi's scrubs and lotions, One Hand Washes The Other's balm and Deep Black soap, Beauty In Balance's gel moisturizer (when it gets here), and the Maybelline lip stain I just picked up at Rite Aid.

Oh, and not that it matters anymore as they're discontinued and sold out anyway, but Aromaleigh's lip balm was not all it was cracked up to be - it was better than any drugstore product I'd ever tried, but it still had a slightly-too-solid texture and made my lips peel a little bit, just like everything else.  I'm way happier with OHWTO's balm.  But I'll blather more about that another time.

0 comments: