3.12.2010

Lip Balm!

So my Aromaleigh lip balms got in today.  I bought 8 of the damn things, plus two samples, because they were discontinued right before I bought, and when the stock on hand was gone, that would be it, no more Aromaleigh balm.  Since I'd heard everyone and their mother in the beauty blogosphere rave about these balms, I decided to gamble and stock up before they were gone.  I bought two Italian Blood Orange scent/flavor, two java, two cocoa-orange, one teaberry, and one yuzu (some kind of Asian citrus, which actually smells way awesome, more than I thought it would.  Wish I'd bought two yuzu and only one java, cause I don't much like how the coffee one turned out.)  I placed my order about a week ago, and they got in yesterday to my mom's, where I picked them up today.

I'm starting with one of the blood orange ones.  On first application, the texture of the stick itself was a bit gritty, and it still feels slightly rough when I swipe it over my lips.  However, the product itself, once on the lips, resolves to a smooth emollient feel.  Kristen (Aromaleigh's founder and proprietress) calls them aromatherapy balms, and I seem to recall reading somewhere that the essential oils are added just for scent, not flavor, but I feel like I can taste the blood orange when I lick my lips while wearing it.  I'm still waiting to see if it turns into that kind of whitish "rind" effect I get with some other balms, where it collects in the corners of my lips and toward the inside, where my lips actually rest against one another.  If it does, then stocked-up or no, I'm not using them.

Before this, my holy grail balm was Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter, in berry or citrus scent/flavor.  Aromaleigh's balm compares favorably to YTC.  It feels...less intrusive, I guess?  I don't notice it's there as much as I did the YTC balm.  I used and love the YTC balms because they lack the waxy feel of Chapstick and other lip products, because I *hate* that wax-layer-feel with a flaming passion; I hadn't realized I could find a balm that was even LESS waxish than YTC, but I think I may have. 

So that's my first impression of Aromaleigh balm; I'll update this in a couple days with my over-time impressions.

0 comments: